flexible HTTP/HTTPS proxy server, TLS terminator, X.509 TOFU manager,
browser, written on Go with following
- Full TLS connection termination between Web-servers and
tofuproxy itself. TLS 1.3, session resumption, GOST
cryptography (if built with gostls13) support. Connection between
tofuproxy and browser
itself uses ephemeral on-the-fly generated certificates with proper
- HTTP/2 (if negotiated with ALPN) and
HTTP keep-alives are supported.
- Default Go’s
crypto/x509 checks are applied to all certificates.
If they pass, then certificate chain is saved on the disk (TOFU,
trust-on-first-use). Future connections are compared against it, warning
you about SPKI change (SPKI pinning) and waiting for your decision
either to accept new chain (possibly once per session), or reject it.
Even if native Go’s checks are failed (for example domain still does not
SubjectAltName extension), you can still make a decision to
forcefully trust the domain.
- CAs can have restrictions on what domains they are allowed to be served.
- Optional DANE-EE check.
- TLS client certificates are supported too.
- HTTP-based authorization requests are intercepted and user/password
input dialogue is shown. It automatically loads initial form values from
- Permanent HTTP redirects are replaces with non-refreshing HTML page with
the link, to make you explicitly allow that step. Temporary redirects
are followed if it is neither Newsboat
user-agent, not image paths.
- JPEG XL, AVIF and WebP images are transparently transcoded to PNG,
giving it back to the browser, not requiring it to support modern
effective image formats.
- Ability to load, index and browse WARC web archives, that are possibly
multi-segment/frame compressed with
- Ability to browse geminispace, transparently converting gemfiles to
HTMLs with URL rewriting.
And additional personal preferences:
- Various spying domains (advertisement, tracking counters) are denied.
www.reddit.com is redirected to
old.reddit.com (because it
- Хабр’s resolution reduced images are
redirected to their full size variants.
- Web fonts downloads are forbidden.
Copyright © 2021-2023 Sergey Matveev